Here’s another family favorite. While the title and ingredients indicate this is a triple berry crisp, I use this crisp recipe for any fruit. Sometimes I stick with berries (I used blueberries, raspberries and strawberries in the version pictured,) but other times I use this recipe with apples or cherries.
Mmmm. Cherries. Is it June yet? I want to go cherry picking!
But I digress. I hope you enjoy this yummy dessert no matter what fruit you choose!
- ¾ cup fresh blackberries
- ¾ cup fresh raspberries
- ¾ cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a bowl, gently toss together blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, and white sugar; set aside.
3. In a separate large bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press half of mixture in the bottom of a 8×8 inch pan. Cover with berries. Sprinkle remaining crumble mixture over the berries.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until fruit is bubbly and topping is golden brown.
Note: Sometimes, depending on the fruit I have used, I will also add a little bit of lemon juice and zest.