Girl Replanted over at The Green Box Garden brightened my week in a big way by awarding me with The Versatile Blogger Award! What a sweet compliment! The past two weeks that I’ve been blogging on WordPress have been so much fun and Girl Replanted’s kind comments on my posts have been a big part of that! If you get a chance, visit her blog. Her positivity and passion in her posts is a joy to read.
So here are the Rules for Versatile Blogger Award according to their site:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to your post nominating them, or to the Versatile Blogger Blog.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
So here are my awardees: Since I’m pretty new to the WordPress Blog Community, most of these blogs are recent discoveries for me. But they are all excellent! My apologies if any of these bloggers have already been nominated/awarded…I wouldn’t be surprised if they were – they are all award-worthy!
Robin at Bringing Europe Home http://bringingeuropehome.com/
Robin’s blog has such a neat concept. I love how even though she is now stateside, she “brings it home” and shares how she brings a little bit of Europe into her daily life.
Karen at The Back Road Journal http://backroadjournal.wordpress.com/
Karen’s recipes and photos are captivating. She brings out the beauty in food!
Cindy at Cloches and Lavender http://clochesandlavender.com/
I just discovered this blog! I love her projects for the home. She has great style!
Robin at Ana Blue Mae http://anabluemae.com/
Robin is versatile indeed! Great posts on gardening, everyday life, and stunning photography.
Garden Mantra http://gardenmantra.wordpress.com/
Visit this beautiful Texas garden!
Becky (and her sister!) at Fourth Generation Farm Wife http://fourthgenerationfarmwife.com/
Becky and her sister blog about life on the farm, both in the present and during their childhood. It’s a fun, informative blog!
Brittany at BlissfulBritt http://blissfulbritt.com/
Brittany’s bright smile on her blog header says it all! I’ve really enjoyed reading her posts, and her food photos look scrumptious!
Kristin at Attempting Green http://attemptinggreen.wordpress.com/
Yummy recipes, gardening tips, I’ve enjoyed getting to know Kristin’s journey to save some green and live green!
Wine Country Mouse http://winecountrymouse.com/
A stunning Wine Country photo blog that brings me right back to my honeymoon in Napa Valley 17 years ago.
JulieAnn at The Homestead Experiment http://thehomesteadexperiment.com/
Homesteading as a way of life fascinates me. If I could legally bee-keep and chicken raise in my little backyard, I would. JulieAnn’s suburban homesteading blog makes homesteading less intimidating!
Jabbear at Homesteading Downsized http://homesteadingdownsized.com/
Here’s another excellent blog that makes homesteading doable with baby steps. Just my speed!
Making of a Home http://makingofahome.com/
This is a lovely blog. Just the header image alone is serene and peaceful. This blog explores what it truly means to make a home a nurturing place for a family to feel secure and loved.
Dan at Soulsby Farm http://soulsbyfarm.wordpress.com/
When I read Dan’s post on making a homemade worm compost bin, I was hooked! Such a great, informative site!
Martha at The Soil Toil http://thesoiltoil.com/
A fantastic and beautiful blog filled with awesome DIY gardening goodness!
Bungalow Beginnings http://bungalowbeginnings.wordpress.com/
This is a very well written blog that tackles all things home and garden, including a kitchen renovation!
And here are the seven little random tidbits about me:
1. I adore cats, but I’m allergic. I’m not all that fond of dogs, but I’m not allergic to them. Irony.
2. I was in a bridal fashion show with my sisters when I was a pre-teen. I wore a really ugly junior bridesmaid dress.
3. My dad used to put Johnny Cash in the 8 track of his VW Bug all the time back in the 70′s, and Johnny Cash has been one of my favorite artists ever since.
4. My first car was an 84 Dodge Daytona Turbo that talked to you when you started the ignition. His name was Ken.
5. I had my daughter’s name picked out before I even started dating my husband. I used to doodle it in my college notebook.
6. I didn’t get my ears pierced until I was in 8th grade, then I overcompensated and kept getting them pierced after that. Now, with 4 piercings in one ear and 2 in the other, I only ever wear earrings in the first piercing. Should have just stuck with the set!
7. I write and eat with my left hand, but do everything else with my right hand, including using scissors! This greatly confused my kindergarten teacher when I was constantly taking the lefty scissors she gave me and using them with my right hand!
So that’s it! Thanks again, Girl Replanted!