Girl Replanted over at The Green Box Garden brightened my week in a big way by awarding me with The Versatile Blogger Award! What a sweet compliment! The past two weeks that I’ve been blogging on WordPress have been so much fun and Girl Replanted’s kind comments on my posts have been a big part of that! If you get a chance, visit her blog. Her positivity and passion in her posts is a joy to read.
So here are the Rules for Versatile Blogger Award according to their site:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to your post nominating them, or to the Versatile Blogger Blog.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
So here are my awardees: Since I’m pretty new to the WordPress Blog Community, most of these blogs are recent discoveries for me. But they are all excellent! My apologies if any of these bloggers have already been nominated/awarded…I wouldn’t be surprised if they were – they are all award-worthy!
Robin at Bringing Europe Home http://bringingeuropehome.com/
Robin’s blog has such a neat concept. I love how even though she is now stateside, she “brings it home” and shares how she brings a little bit of Europe into her daily life.
Karen at The Back Road Journal http://backroadjournal.wordpress.com/
Karen’s recipes and photos are captivating. She brings out the beauty in food!
Cindy at Cloches and Lavender http://clochesandlavender.com/
I just discovered this blog! I love her projects for the home. She has great style!
Robin at Ana Blue Mae http://anabluemae.com/
Robin is versatile indeed! Great posts on gardening, everyday life, and stunning photography.
Garden Mantra http://gardenmantra.wordpress.com/
Visit this beautiful Texas garden!
Becky (and her sister!) at Fourth Generation Farm Wife http://fourthgenerationfarmwife.com/
Becky and her sister blog about life on the farm, both in the present and during their childhood. It’s a fun, informative blog!
Brittany at BlissfulBritt http://blissfulbritt.com/
Brittany’s bright smile on her blog header says it all! I’ve really enjoyed reading her posts, and her food photos look scrumptious!
Kristin at Attempting Green http://attemptinggreen.wordpress.com/
Yummy recipes, gardening tips, I’ve enjoyed getting to know Kristin’s journey to save some green and live green!
Wine Country Mouse http://winecountrymouse.com/
A stunning Wine Country photo blog that brings me right back to my honeymoon in Napa Valley 17 years ago.
JulieAnn at The Homestead Experiment http://thehomesteadexperiment.com/
Homesteading as a way of life fascinates me. If I could legally bee-keep and chicken raise in my little backyard, I would. JulieAnn’s suburban homesteading blog makes homesteading less intimidating!
Jabbear at Homesteading Downsized http://homesteadingdownsized.com/
Here’s another excellent blog that makes homesteading doable with baby steps. Just my speed!
Making of a Home http://makingofahome.com/
This is a lovely blog. Just the header image alone is serene and peaceful. This blog explores what it truly means to make a home a nurturing place for a family to feel secure and loved.
Dan at Soulsby Farm http://soulsbyfarm.wordpress.com/
When I read Dan’s post on making a homemade worm compost bin, I was hooked! Such a great, informative site!
Martha at The Soil Toil http://thesoiltoil.com/
A fantastic and beautiful blog filled with awesome DIY gardening goodness!
Bungalow Beginnings http://bungalowbeginnings.wordpress.com/
This is a very well written blog that tackles all things home and garden, including a kitchen renovation!
And here are the seven little random tidbits about me:
1. I adore cats, but I’m allergic. I’m not all that fond of dogs, but I’m not allergic to them. Irony.
2. I was in a bridal fashion show with my sisters when I was a pre-teen. I wore a really ugly junior bridesmaid dress.
3. My dad used to put Johnny Cash in the 8 track of his VW Bug all the time back in the 70’s, and Johnny Cash has been one of my favorite artists ever since.
4. My first car was an 84 Dodge Daytona Turbo that talked to you when you started the ignition. His name was Ken.
5. I had my daughter’s name picked out before I even started dating my husband. I used to doodle it in my college notebook.
6. I didn’t get my ears pierced until I was in 8th grade, then I overcompensated and kept getting them pierced after that. Now, with 4 piercings in one ear and 2 in the other, I only ever wear earrings in the first piercing. Should have just stuck with the set!
7. I write and eat with my left hand, but do everything else with my right hand, including using scissors! This greatly confused my kindergarten teacher when I was constantly taking the lefty scissors she gave me and using them with my right hand!
So that’s it! Thanks again, Girl Replanted!
22 thoughts on “Feeling Very Versatile Today!”
You are very welcome! What a lovely thank you. And now that we are friendly you can call me Carmen. 🙂
LOL, Thanks, Carmen. 🙂
I am honored!
I’ll work on the reciprocal and post within a few days!
You are very welcome!
Congratulations on your award. It is always nice to be honored by fellow bloggers and I appreciate that you thought of my blog. I am off to explore the sites of the other bloggers.
Thanks, you’re welcome, and enjoy browsing! 🙂
Congratulations, Becky! And thank you for the kind words and the nomination. I haven’t gotten my post up yet (I wanted to wait until after Easter), but I’m nominating you for the Liebster Blog Award. 🙂 So, expect the “official notice and post” on Monday–and in the meantime, enjoy the fact that you’re getting two awards in a matter of days! Well done!
Why, thank you! I appreciate it!
Thank you for awarding us the Versatile Blogger award! It feels great to be called out among so many talented bloggers out there. We will follow through and post our findings on Thursday. Have a great week and thanks!
You’re very welcome!
I know it was probably wrong but I nominated you back I love your blog and so glad I found it. Congrats and thank you again.
You’re very welcome! And, thanks! 🙂
I am so happy you discovered my blog and liked it! I’m traveling but when I get in front of a computer for any length of time I am going to be sure to thank you properly on the blog! Fortunately I have my camera with me and am just driving around the Napa and Sonoma Valley so I’ll have something to blog about soon 🙂
Thanks so much for nominating me for this award! I think it’s fantastic that something like this is going around to give recognition to up and coming blogs. Thanks again!
Congrats on your award, and thank you so much for such a nice complement!
Garsh! Thanks so much! What a fun way to start a week! We’re right there with you on homesteading being a bit intimidating. But we’re working on it one project at a time.
Again, thank you so much for the the award and the shout out! I’ve been out of town all weekend and am just now getting back to the computer, but I’m looking forward to checking out the other blogs.
Thank you so much for the nomination! A good bunch of blogs you picked. I found a few I am now following. Thanks again.
Great! And you’re welcome!
Thank you so much for the nomination Becky! And I have greatly enjoyed the other blogs you nominated as well! Thank you!!!
You’re very welcome! I’m glad you have enjoyed the other links!