Time for some Monday Nom Noms!
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas, mashed
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers (I use a large mini-muffin pan.)
2. In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes (less for mini-muffins,) until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean. (While the muffins are baking you can make your frosting.)
4. Allow muffins to completely cool on a rack before icing.
- 1 package brick cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Beat cream cheese and butter in large bowl with electric mixer until well blended. Gradually add icing sugar and juice, beating until well blended after each addition. Allow frosting to chill in refrigerator while muffins are cooling. Spread or pipe on muffins. Store leftover muffins in refrigerator.
4 thoughts on “Banana Muffins with Cream Cheese Frosting”
Those look amazing!
Thanks! Just made them last night. They turned out pretty yummy!
Oh my muffin, these look phenomenal. I would eat at least 5 at once.
Thanks! Yes, the fact that they’re mini-muffins makes popping a bunch dangerously easy! LOL
Thanks for dropping by!