Whether they are served atop of spaghetti, or slid into a toasted roll, these meatballs are a guaranteed win with my family. I’m not an expert at Italian cooking, but these bad boys make me feel like I am. Enjoy!
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup water
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley (I use fresh if I have it)
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Marinara sauce
1. In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs and water.
2. Stir in eggs, parmesan cheese, herbs, salt, and pepper.
3. Add ground beef; mix well.
4. With wet hands, form 20 to 24 small balls.
5. Heat oil and cook meatballs until brown, turning regularly, over low to medium heat.
6. Place meatballs on paper towels to absorb any oil.
7. Heat sauce to a boil. Lower to a simmer, add meatballs, and cook, loosely covered, for approx. 30 minutes.
5 thoughts on “My Kids’ Favorite Meatballs”
Reblogged this on By the Mighty Mumford and commented:
YUMMY MEAT-A-BALLS!!! I’S GONNA TRY THEM!!!
These look and sound great!
My older son loved spaghetti so much as a toddler that he would do a little dance of impatience while it was cooking. I think he would love these meatballs.
I can hardly wait to start cooking your delicious foods. This afternoon i’ll start off with the “Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars”. Yum
My husband and I are PNB lovers from way back.
I’ve signed up to receiver “Clover and Thyme” in my email.
Thank you so much for your visit and for subscribing. I hope you enjoy the recipes!