Meet Mr. Snowman mug. Mr. Snowman Mug is a fixture of our wintertime warm beverages and chilly morning tea sipping. Unfortunately, Mr. Snowman Mug has a dirty secret.
Mr. Snowman Mug has tea stains. Bad ones. Now, maybe I’m the last person to figure this tip out, but just in case I’m the next to the last person to figure this out, and the last person is here on this blog in search of answers, I have a quick and easy way to clean Mr. Snowman Mug (and any other tea stained mug that you might own.)
The answer is simple.
- Wet the inside of the mug.
- Pour out the excess water, but do not dry the mug.
- Shake in a little bit of baking soda.
- Swirl it around inside the mug to coat the tea stained area.
- Then, with a barely moist paper towel or cloth, wipe the inside of the mug, gently using circular motions, using the baking soda as a mild abrasive. You will notice that the baking soda with become brown as it scrubs off the stains.
- Rinse and wash your mug as usual.
And voila! A clean, good as new, fresh and shiny mug. Mr. Snowman Mug is once again ready for action without grossing out the guests.
Do you have a fun and easy cleaning tip? Please share it in the comments! I love hearing from you!
Featured photo credit Tomas B. at freeimages.com
4 thoughts on “Remove Tea Stains from Mugs”
Good tip! I have just the mug for this process!
Remove tea stains buy filing the cup with water and a teaspoon of Milton ,leave until stain gone then rinse out
I put a teaspoon of Oxyclean in the cup and fill with hot water. Let stand for 10 minutes and rinse.
My husband is a tea drinker and these stains drive me insane! Thanks for the tip!