I think my body must be craving oats. Last week, I made apple crisp for dessert one night, and then I posted the instant oatmeal recipe. Then on Saturday, I made these oatmeal raspberry bars to bring to a ladies’ breakfast at a friend’s home. Or maybe it had something to do with the fact that I wanted to bake, but we had no eggs in the house most of last week, and an abundance of oats. That could be why! Regardless, I hope you enjoy the recipe! This can be made gluten free. I have mentioned gluten free options in the ingredients.
These oatmeal raspberry bars remind me of cereal bars. They keep great in the fridge (if they last that long!) If you don’t like raspberry, feel free to experiment with other jams and preserves!Tweet
Oatmeal Raspberry Bars
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (or 3/4 cup of Authentic Foods Gluten Free Multi-Blend Flour )
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats (use Gluten Free Oats, if desired)
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup seedless raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 8 inch square pan.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, and rolled oats. Blend in the butter using your hands, stand mixer, or a pastry blender to form a crumbly mixture.
- Press 2 cups of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Spread the jam to within 1/4 inch of the edge.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture over the top, and lightly press it into the jam.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in preheated oven, or until lightly browned. Allow to cool before cutting into bars.
The ingredient links included in this post are Amazon Affiliate links.
By clicking and purchasing through one of these links, I earn a small commission,
at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!