This is a fresh, easy salsa that requires no cooking, tomato peeling, etc.
Gotta use up the cilantro before it bolts on me!
- 4-5 medium, ripe tomatoes, chopped, seeds removed
- 1/2 large Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (less if you’re not a big fan)
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped, seedy core removed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped, veins and seeds removed
- Juice of 2 small limes
- salt to taste
In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. If you wish, you can pulse this a few times in the food processor, but do not over-process or it will get too watery. You may wish to taste test this first with 1/2 the jalapeno, then add more heat if needed. I did not add garlic to mine, but you can certainly add a minced clove if you wish.